[TYPO3-mvc] How to extend sys_category correctly?

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Thu Oct 17 00:27:11 CEST 2013

Dear newsgroup,

how do i extend Category (sys_category) correctly? I tried the same
steps as when extending FrontendUser (fe_users), but anything seems to
differ (I've used Extension Builder each time):

1. There is no "record type" field shown in the backend for the
Category records (although this column exists in db)
2. My repository seems to load all categories independent from having a
right "record type" being set at all and all categories are typeof my
extended category class (var_dumped)

The configurations for both (extended fe_users and extended
sys_categories) cases look equal:

1. Mapping in ext_typoscript_setup as done the same way
2. Model is extended the same way
3. TCA is set up the same way
4. Anything forgotten?

The only thing which i've manually adjusted is the parent-property with
its getters and setters in my extended Category-class
(\XX\Ext\Domain\Model\Category instead of
\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\Category).

Do i misunderstand anything?

Kind regards, Jan