[TYPO3-mvc] sys_categ ory, MM_match_fields and ext base 6.2 LTS

Torsten Schrade schradt at uni-mainz.de
Sun Oct 13 16:16:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

Jan Kornblum <jan.kornblum at gmx.de> wrote:
> Are there any news regarding this? I am also developing an extbase
> extension which should use sys_category. This extension should be run on
> 6.2 LTS so i'm also very interested in an integration of this feature
> into the 6.2 core. Has anybody opened a ticket for this issue in between?

Yes, due to Alex' and Anja's great support there exists a ticket and a
patch now in Forge/Gerrit:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/39256
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24549/

We are very close to feature freeze (Tuesday) and there are also concerns
by some that extbase shouldn't really support this since the approach of
sys_category is not very clean. So there is a good chance that the whole
initiative might be a bit too late, which - in my opinion - would be quite
unfortunate. Maybe you (and of course everybody interested) can help
reviewing/voting/testing for this change?

Cheers, Torsten