[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid widgets

Julien Fourel julien.fourel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 17:36:28 CEST 2013

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with FLUID widgets. I am using Typo3 4.5.22 with Extbase 1.3.4 and Fluid 1.3.1.
I created an AJAX widget who display a calendar for the current month (grid of days).
A select box allows users to select another month and reload the calendar content with AJAX.

The action who return the calendar content is called "ajaxCalendar" and is declared in my widget controller.
To call this action, I use Fluid Widget URI to generate the request URI like this :

{f:widget.uri(action:'ajaxCalendar', ajax: 1)}

This URI is generated :

http://mywebsite.com/index.php?id=5&type=7076&fluid-widget-id=54fa6a2bebf6a2017c18989b91af984f&action=ajaxCalendar

But when I call this address, I got the following error message :

No widget context was found for the Ajax Widget Identifier "54fa6a2bebf6a2017c18989b91af984f". This only happens if AJAX URIs are called without including the widget on a page.

This error occurs only when I've never authenticated on the frontend. If I am logged in everything works fine. If I logout and retry, the problem do not occurs anymore. If i empty "fe_session" and "fe_session_data" (where widget identifiers are stored), the problem occurs again.

My widget is implemented on a standard action's view like this :

{namespace ima=Tx_ImaRegistrationTool_ViewHelpers}
<ima:widget.eventsCalendar  />

Maybe I am doing something wrong ... I do not get it.
The session is well stored in database with sesData, I am actually checking how the session is fetched, but everything seems to be fine.
I am trying to unserliaze sesData from session object, but data is to large and I have some difficults to compare with a session on which my widget works.

Does someone has already encountered this problem?
Thanks for reading and sorry for my poor english. I am losing my hair with this problem ... any help will be appreciated : )

Julien Fourel