[TYPO3-mvc] Ralation between User Session and Language Setting when using RealURL

g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch
Sat May 11 14:22:24 CEST 2013

On 05/10/2013 08:30 PM, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Steffen Müller schrieb am 07.05.2013 18:46:
>> Hi.
>>
>> On 02.05.2013 20:20 g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch wrote:
>>> So the question is: How can we share a user session between two
>>> different domains (single tree multi language / domain setup)?
>>>
>> you can configure this in $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['cookieDomain']
>>
>> e.g. via install tool.
>>
>>  From the configuration description:
>>
>> // Restricts the domain name for FE and BE session cookies. When setting
>> the value to ".domain.com" (replace domain.com with your domain!), login
>> sessions will be shared across subdomains. Alternatively, if you have
>> more than one domain with sub-domains, you can set the value to a
>> regular expression to match against the domain of the HTTP request. The
>> result of the match is used as the domain for the cookie. eg.
>> /\.(example1|example2)\.com$/ or /\.(example1\.com)|(example2\.net)$/.
>> Separate domains for FE and BE can be set using <a
>> href="#FE-cookieDomain">$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['cookieDomain']</a> and
>> respectively.
> Please note that sharing a cookie between different top-level-domains is
> not possible at all. When switching languages I assume you are also
> switching top level domains (i.e. from the .de to the .fr TLD). You will
> have to manipulate the language switching links to add some information
> in order to transfer the session from one domain to the other.
>
> I am not aware of any extension that does that, but it seems possible to
> do and might be an useful asset to the TYPO3 Community if you manage to
> get it done (or sponsor someone to do it), as this problem pops up from
> time to time. :)
>
> Regards,
> Ernesto
Thank you all for you answers!

Still didn't find a handy solution.

There was the idea of including one iFrame per each other domain to store cookies for all domains at the same time with the same
session parameters.
(See here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16345398/) - I didn't check this approach yet.

Regards,
Till