[TYPO3-mvc] Limit the "depht" of object relations

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Tue Jun 25 12:06:49 CEST 2013

Dear newsgroup,

is it possible to limit the "depht" (don't know a better word for it)
of object relations in extbase 1.3?

Owner <-1:n-> Car <-n:1-> Manufacturer

The relations above both are bidirectional. Now i get all $owners from
the repository:

$owners = $ownerRepository->findAll();

When i now "var_dump($owners)" in the debug window i can see each
owners cars, for each car i can see its manufacturer, for each
manufacturer i can see its cars, for each car i can see its owner - and
so on seemingly infinite.

I ask this because my application seems to be very slow (when typo3
cache is disabled) and i could imagine that might depend on building
all the nested objects / the objects relations in both directions.

Can i limit the level depht extbase builds the nested objects? Or is my
example the "candidate" for "lazy loading"? As far is i know this is
not yet possible in extbase 1.3, istn't it? In my application i do need
the "dephtness" only 3 levels...

Kind regards, Jan