[TYPO3-mvc] How to use my own ViewHelpers in Extbase 6.x using namespaces?

Felix Eggbert eggbert at phez.com
Thu Jun 6 15:29:35 CEST 2013

Hey guys,

I am in the process of updating an extension to namespaces in extbase
introduced in v6 (?).

I was wondering what's the right way to implement my own viewhelper now? My
old viewhelpers still work like this

BlablaViewHelper.php:

----------------------------

> class Tx_MyExt_ViewHelpers_BlablaViewHelper extends
Tx_Fluid_Core_ViewHelper_AbstractTagBasedViewHelper

Template:

-------------

{namespace myext=Tx_MyExt_Viewhelpers}

and

<myext:blabla/>

On the interwebs I read about the new way of using namespaces here, too but
I don't seem to get it to work. This was my approach:

BlablaViewHelper.php:

----------------------------

class BlablaViewHelper extends
\TYPO3\CMS\Fluid\ViewHelpers\Form\AbstractViewHelper

Template:

{namespace myext=\MyVendor\MyExt\Classes\ViewHelpers}

and

<myext:blabla/>

But it doesn't get rendered in fluid, instead the naked tag is rendered
("<myext:blabla/>" right in the output). As if the namespace declared in the
Fluid template is not recognized.

Can anybody explain to me how this is done correctly or what I am doing
wrong?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Felix