[TYPO3-mvc] Edit form: Saving without image upload throws error

Sabine Weiß sabine.weiss at netz-schmiede.de
Tue Jul 30 17:02:03 CEST 2013

This is the first extension I'm about to implement based on extbase/fluid. I am quite happy with the framework so far, but I face a problem which I can't resolve searching the documentation and the internet.

Here's the scenario:

The model basically represents a company's profile. One of the properties is the company's logo. The company may change the profile at any time via an editAction.

And this throws the error:
Assume, the company's profile exists already, including the logo information(filename). The company edits the profile. The edit form provides a <f:form.upload property="logo" /> field. If no new logo image is provided, an error is thrown and the company profile is updated.

Result: The logo information is gone.

There must be a way to fetch the logo's filename from the repository and to preserve it in case no new image is uploaded during editing the profile.

Any suggestions are highly welcome!

Sabine