[TYPO3-mvc] Relation problem

Stefan Kruse besucher80 at gmx.de
Wed Jul 24 07:18:41 CEST 2013

Hello,

I would need even a few tips.
And I have a little problem with relations.

We have an extension with a search function. We can create verschiendene
records about the extension in the backend 4: Main Category, Subcategory,
and company specification. Subcategory has a 1:1 relationship to the parent
category. Specification has a 1:1 relation to subcategory. Then we have by
subcategory to company an m: n relation and from company to Subcategory also
an m: n relation. Thus, we can assign a sub-category multiple companies and
assign a company several subcategories. When searching you can even search
by subcategories (where we take the number of firms that are associated with
the sub-category) and after
Now to the real problem:
Hmm, okay I do not know how to describe it exactly but is it possible to
make this assignment in one step?

At the moment we do have to make once the allocation of the sub and make for
the company. That's double the work for us and impractical. So it should be
possible that if we assign a sub-category a company that the company gets
automatically assigned the Subcategory. And if we assign a company a
sub-category, then that gets automatically assigned to the company in the
subcategory.
I hope I could explain it to some extent, and I hope someone has a hint or
tip.

Thank you very much
Stefan