[TYPO3-mvc] extbase: pass array of models to an action for mass update?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Jul 23 10:16:34 CEST 2013

Am 22.07.13 06:49, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> Hi,
>
>> I have a very small extbase model, just holding a caption and a
>> filename. In BE I want the author to have a list of this models where he
>> can edit all captions of all models at once. Then only one form submit
>> and all of the models should get upated - a kind of mass update.
>> Is there a support for this in extbase (is there a sample extension for
>> this purpose)?
>> AFAIK only one model can be passed to an action at once, correct?
>
> Sounds like a very typical case of the TYPO3 built-in mass edit in Web >
> List when you choose Clipboard 1 to 3 at the end and select multiple
> items to be edited.

small addition regarding the fields to edit:

1st: you have to show only records from this table with a click on the
[+] symbol next to the table name

2nd: you must show the fields to edit. as those fields may not be the
title scroll below the records where you find a list of (nearly) all
fields of the current table. select multiple with CTRL-Click, then show
with a Ckick on the [Set fields]-Button.

3rd: using Clipboard 1-3 you may select a subset of the shown records to
edit

4th: click on the edit-icon(pencil) next to the column-header to edit
this field for all selected records

and another remark:
trying to edit an RTE-Feld for more than 20 records may slow down or
even crash your browser, as the RTE for so much fields/records requires
a lot of memory/time.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html