[TYPO3-mvc] Extending Extbase DB-Models with custom-fields?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Jan 29 19:49:55 CET 2013

Hi Gabriel Kaufmann,

Gabriel Kaufmann | Typoworx wrote:

> But what if the field intended to use makes sense for ALL
> Record-Types(even those already added/extended by foreign Extensions)?

If it is just about backend, then you can just add the new fields to the
palettes.

However on frontend, I suggest to create a custom extends type specific for
your project. You can just copy the code from the other extensions (one of
the great advantages of extbase).

I am not sure if extending really works with more then just one extension in
extbase. Maybe some extbase guru can answer this.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!