[TYPO3-mvc] Bug in extensionmanager/Classes/Utility/ConfigurationUtility.php??

Johannes C. Schulz - EnzephaloN IT-Solutions info at enzephalon.de
Tue Jan 29 12:37:19 CET 2013

Hello MVC-List

Because I have trouble with some old extension to get this probably
installed in typo3 6.0.0 I visited the source-code.

The thrown error is:

PHP Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 2 passed to
TYPO3\CMS\Extensionmanager\Domain\Repository\ConfigurationItemRepository::cr
eateArrayFromConstants() must be an array, null given, called in
/home/www/typo3_src/typo3_src-6.0.0/typo3/sysext/extensionmanager/Classes/Ut
ility/ConfigurationUtility.php on line 95 and defined in
/home/www/typo3_src/typo3_src-6.0.0/typo3/sysext/extensionmanager/Classes/Do
main/Repository/ConfigurationItemRepository.php line 192

So I went to in
/home/www/typo3_src/typo3_src-6.0.0/typo3/sysext/extensionmanager/Classes/Ut
ility/ConfigurationUtility.php on line 95 and found:

                /**

                * Get current configuration of an extension

                *

                * @param string $extensionKey

                * @return array

                */

                public function getCurrentConfiguration($extensionKey) {

                               $extension =
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_LOADED_EXT'][$extensionKey];

                               $defaultConfig =
$this->configurationItemRepository->createArrayFromConstants(\TYPO3\CMS\Core
\Utility\GeneralUtility::getUrl(PATH_site . $extension['siteRelPath'] .
'/ext_conf_template.txt'), $extension);

                               $currentExtensionConfig =
unserialize($GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXT']['extConf'][$extension['key']]
);

                               $currentExtensionConfig =
is_array($currentExtensionConfig) ? $currentExtensionConfig : array();

                               $currentFullConfiguration =
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::array_merge_recursive_overrule($defa
ultConfig, $currentExtensionConfig);

                               return $currentFullConfiguration;

                }

But: My extension doesn't have any "ext_conf_template.txt"-file or settings
which I  had to load from such file. I also tried an empty file, but also
the error was thrown.

A bug or a feature? If featuer: how do I resolve this?

Best regards

Johannes