[TYPO3-mvc] Dynamic settings and/or register access

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Sat Jan 12 16:34:45 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm still struggling with my need to get some dynamic values as
"settings" into a foreign extbase extension (news).

This works (direct input):

plugin.tx_news.settings.detail.media.image.maxWidth = 282

This works as well (via own constant):

plugin.tx_news.settings.detail.media.image.maxWidth = {$plugin.tx_portable_layout.settings.detail.media.image.maxWidth}

What does not work is the use of data from a register. I'm setting a
register:grid in the columns of my fluidtemplate and I need it in the
view to take decisions on it. If stdWrap would be available, there would
be no problem. But it isn't.

Found one way, which looks extremely ugly to me. Something like

<f:if condition="<f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath='lib.getGrid' /> == 9">

works, as long as it is a lib.getGrid. Same construct doesn't work with
a "temp". Don't need caching here. There must be a better way, I suppose
(or hope).

Any ideas?

Regards,

Thomas Skierlo