[TYPO3-mvc] Integration of TYO3 Corefeatures in Extbase

Henjo Hoeksma | Stylence me at henjohoeksma.nl
Wed Feb 20 12:40:17 CET 2013

Hi Philipp,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Philipp <philippwrann at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> some more questions: In my extension i make use of FAL. When i added the
> property into my Model and defined it as a ObjectStorage with subtype
> FileReference (or File - i tried both) it didnt work. So i had to write my
> own patch for that problem.

> Now - i do also make use of the new Categories delivered with typo3. When
> i add the Property categories to my model and define it as a ObjectStorage
> with subtype Category \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\**Persistence\ObjectStorage<\**
> TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\**Model\Category>
>
> Extbase displays an error.
>
> So my first Question:
> Is it possible to
> a) make this anyway?

Yes.

> b) make matchings in the database based on this relation?

Not sure what you mean here...

> And my second Question:
> Are you fucking kidding? Why do you implement such features into a stable
> release if it does not work? All of that costs massive time that no one can
> calculate! If a CMS or Framework features something i can expect it to
> work, dont i? Dont misunderstand me, i am very thankful for the whole
> package of typo3 but that sucks really bad.

It has been stated in the docs that Extbase only supports FAL integration
'so-so' at this point.
What have you come up with? Sharing your solution might help others in the
community...

> Please answer me on this, if the category system does not work i have to
> write my own - and i really would like NOT to do that.

I have this working on several extensions.
Did you set your mapping and record type correctly?