[TYPO3-mvc] ExtBase performance

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Feb 17 09:39:01 CET 2013

Hi,

On 16-2-2013 12:17, Tomita Militaru wrote:
>> If you want to do it in your own extension, I suggest using TCEmain:
>> http://blog.tolleiv.de/2010/03/handling-data-in-typo3-with-tcemain/
> Is there any advantage to this than using INSERTmultipleRows? I just
> tried it with insert and it took 10 seconds, so I'm pretty satisfied
> with it.

Using TCEmain is not faster, but a lot slower. There are a lot of
advantages though. The data is inserted like it would be as if someone
edited it in the TYPO3 backend.
The different TYPO3 fields for timestamps, etc. will be automatically
set, workspaces are taken into consideration, TCA settings will be used
(if a field has eval processing/restriction settings these will be
applied), hooks are honoured, table access rights are checked, etc.

Some extensions like EXT:solr use a hook in TCEmain to be notified when
records are inserted or modified (EXT:solr uses it to add records to its
indexing queue).

It really depends on what you are importing and which TYPO3 features
you'd like to support.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member