[TYPO3-mvc] ExtBase performance

Tomita Militaru militarutomita at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 10:34:49 CET 2013

Hello,

I am trying to import a CSV file with over 65.000 records using an
ExtBase extension I'm building. But seems like that ExtBase can't handle
that many objects or are too many as it takes nearly 30 minutes to store
them in the database.

To test, I tried something like this:

$persistenceManager =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Manager');

for($i = 0; $i < 65000; $i++) {
         $objectNew =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_Object');

          $objectNew->setZip('123456');
          $objectNew->setHouse(5);
          $this->objectRepository->add($objectNew);
}
$persistenceManager->persistAll();

Should I just do it with plain INSERTs as it worked much better using
that method? Is there a more efficient way to store objects in ExtBase
that I am not aware of?

Thanks!