[TYPO3-mvc] Two questions about @inject and Setup/Flexform

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Fri Feb 15 10:46:06 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm currently working on an Extbase extension which is using it's own
service to process settings from flexform and setup. This extension must
NOT be downward compatible to anything below 4.7. In my service I'm
still injecting the ConfigurationManager by a dedicated function
injectConfigurationManager(). Is this still needed for 4.7 or can this
be replaced by just an @inject in the variable declaration? Like:

/**

* @var Tx_Extbase_Configuration_ConfigurationManagerInterface
  * @inject
  */

protected $configurationManager;

I can access my service in the controller without any special functions
for injection, but there might be performance issues or other caveats?

My 2nd question is about Setup vs. Flexform. I need them both, since my
plugin is available as content element as well as as ViewHelper, and for
the latter I need reasonable defaults.

Currently Flexform fields override fields of identical name in setup by
default, which is good. The problem is, that they do the same even if
Flexform value is empty.

Is there any way to influence this behaviour?

Current problem is that my Ext. handles Social Services, like Facebook,
Twitter, Xing.... in a way which is compatible with current European
law. Therefore setup offers fields to define all settings in a way, that
the matching Flexform could stay "empty". Now imagine that I want to
disable Facebook site-wide in Setup. In this case I don't want a
Flexform field for Facebook Settings, but I want Flexform fields for
fine tuning of other (remaining) services settings? So I think i need
some logic inside ext_tables, where I add the flexform.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Regards,

Thomas Skierlo

p.s. I asked the 2nd questions in the English list before, but din't get
any answer.