[TYPO3-mvc] Extending EXT:news with a new field

Jost Baron Jost.Baron at gmx.de
Thu Feb 7 18:49:18 CET 2013

Hi!

I'm trying to add a new custom field to the extension EXT:news in
Version 6.0.1. To do so, I've followed the instructions in [1]. The
result is this error:

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_NAMESPACE, expecting
T_FUNCTION in
[...]/typo3temp/Cache/Code/cache_core/ClassLoader_Domain_Model_News_319a3c0cb3bcac97ee39.php
on line 1207

[40 more lines of stack trace]

When looking at the given line, there is a namespace declaration given
in the middle of a class definition, between the normal content of the
class Tx_News_Domain_Model_News and the content of my class.

Is this a bug that should be filed on forge?

Regards,
Jost

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-news/wiki/Extend_Classes