[TYPO3-mvc] fluid textarea default value

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Wed Feb 6 20:45:23 CET 2013

Hi Bas,

> Thanks for your answer Henjo, however placeholder does not the job.
> I want a default value which the user can modify.
> A placeholder will be cleared when you select the element.

If by "user" you mean "integrator":

<f:form.text value="{settings.defaultValue}" />

And set this variable through plugin.tx_myext.settings.defaultValue.

However, if your form uses a form object and that object is an existing
object and the field uses the "property" attribute I'm not certain if the
"value" attribute will be respected. However, that's probably not your
intention anyway. Hope this helps and that I understood the intention!

And I have to correct myself from the last email. Subclassing is not
necessary, you can of course use "additionalAttributes" for that.

Cheers,
Claus