[TYPO3-mvc] Object relation - get children

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Tue Feb 5 11:03:37 CET 2013

Hi Henjo,

>> Is it possible to to do it without inline-type? because i'm not able to
>> "move" a project to another customer in BE with this inline construction.
>> Also, you're not able to the assigned customer in a project-record. How
>> could this be handled better?
>>
> TCA of course :-)
>>
> Nope, it is IRRE / extension builder output. You are free to use the TCA
> you need.

I've got a last question: Isn't that exactly what i did it in the first
post? The relation was a non-irre one, but getting child-objects was
not possible form parent...

As far as i understand there are just two possibilities for an 1:n
relation in extbase:

a) Relation is located on the parent-side as irre,
b) Relation is located on child-side as (common) foreig-key construct.

So how would b) look like while getting child-objects should still be
possible?

What does extbase need in general to be able to handle child-objects in
1:n relations? As i've read in Jochen Rau's book, next to the
foreign-key field on child-side there should be an additional field on
parent-side ("counter") in database, represented by a property in
domain model (instance of the parent object).

> One advice though: try staying loyal to your aggregate root as much as
> possible

Could you please give me some more hints about this?

Kind regards, Jan