[TYPO3-mvc] property persistence on showAction

Henry DoShell digital at dollerschell.de
Sat Dec 14 18:26:21 CET 2013

Hi,

I need to persistence an calculated property when a detail page is viewed. The property has getter, setter and repository, is calculated in model and shows up right on the page. It has to be written to the database.

I tried the following:

	/**
	 * action show
	 *
	 * @param \DoShell\TouristBbhotel\Domain\Model\Main $main
	 * @return void
	 */
	public function showAction(\DoShell\TouristBbhotel\Domain\Model\Main $main) {
		$this->view->assign('main', $main);
		$persistenceManager = \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::makeInstance('TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Persistence\Generic\PersistenceManager');
		$persistenceManager->persistAll();
	}

But it does not work. What I am missing? Can someone push me in the right direction?

Thanks
Henry