[TYPO3-mvc] Switch storage backend in FE context

Torsten Schrade schradt at uni-mainz.de
Wed Dec 11 13:04:39 CET 2013

Dear list,

I'm trying to override some methods in the standard Typo3DbBackend.
Currently I register my own storage backend by doing

config.tx_extbase.objects {
	TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Persistence\Generic\Storage\BackendInterface {
		className = MY\Extension\Persistence\Generic\Storage\PatchedTypo3DbBackend

In a BE context this works absolutely fine. But strangely enough it
doesn't work for me in a FE context. Somehow my class doesn't seem to
get called, only the standard backend class is executed… Can you direct
me to a good entry point for debugging why the TypoScript configuration
doesn't seem to work in my FE?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Torsten