[TYPO3-mvc] Disable Language Overlay

Rob De Vries dev at rob-ot.be
Mon Dec 2 13:05:05 CET 2013

Hey Till,

I'm trying to get exactly the same result:

writing a plugin that extends tx_news so people can submit news articles via the frontend.
All new items are then listed out, so translators can start translating a news item.

and this is were is fails: i'm not able to get the original and the translated version of 2 news items on 1 page.
This has to do with a 'missing' feature in extabse (some call it a bug)
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/47192

So your idea to write our own query won't help.
You can so something like:

  public function needTranslation($translation) {
        $query = $this->createQuery();
        $query->getQuerySettings()->setRespectStoragePage(FALSE);
        $query->getQuerySettings()->setRespectSysLanguage(FALSE);
        $query->matching( $query->equals('uid', $translation));
        return $query->execute();
    }

were
  $query->getQuerySettings()->setRespectSysLanguage(FALSE);
would normaly prevent getting the translated version of the object, but it doesn't.

So i'm not handling you a solution for now, but a direction were to look at.
If you find a solution, i'll be glad to hear from you, i'll do the same.

together strong, right? :)

greetings
Rob