[TYPO3-mvc] Add multiple models in a foreach loop

Matthias Zaunseder zaunseder at glanzer-und-partner.de
Mon Aug 12 10:19:39 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I have a problem with Extbase and I hope you can help me out :)

I have a CSV upload field and I try to import the data in a foreach loop.
In the controller class is a uploadAction and there I loop over the
models in the CSV.

foreach($csvRows as $dealer) {
   $newDealer = new Tx_Dealersearch_Domain_Model_Dealer();
   $newDealer->setName($dealer['name']);
   $this->dealerRepository->add($newDealer);
   $this->flashMessageContainer->add($newDealer->getName() . ' saved.');
}

If I try to save 10 dealers, then after the upload, there are 10 times
the data of the last dealer in the database. And it's weird that all
data sets have a uid = 0 and pid = 0. The database looks like this after
the upload:

|uid|pid|name|...
|0   |0   |dealer nr. 10|
|0   |0   |dealer nr. 10|
... etc.

so the dealer nr. 1, 2, 3, etc. are missing...

Is it completely wrong to iterate in a controller and to instantiate the
models yourself? Or should I change something in the configuration?

Thanks!
Matthias

--
Matthias Zaunseder
Webentwickler

G + P Glanzer + Partner Werbeagentur GmbH
Paracelsusstr. 26, 70599 Stuttgart
Tel: +49 (0)711 1673-365, Fax: +49 (0)711 4569390
zaunseder at glanzer-und-partner.de
www.glanzer-und-partner.de

Geschäftsführer: Peter Chvojka, Mathias Muthny
Sitz: Stuttgart, Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 11330