[TYPO3-mvc] $query->setOrderings not working for foreign table not working

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Thu Aug 8 09:51:03 CEST 2013

Hi Raju,

> I have a problem with ordering functionality on foreign table field.
> I want to show the listing of Products in which there is one field
> categoryname from ProductCategory table.
>
> I want to apply the ordering functionality on categoryname field in listing
> of products.
>
> so how can i do with extbase extension?
>
> I created the MM relationship between Products and ProductCategory table.
> categoryname field is displayed in listing but ordering is not working on it.

Just an idea, i am not relly sure: Does it make sense to sort a table
by its MM related table/field at all? As one product can have several
categories, instead of just one... I think, in native mysql you could
only solve this by an GROUP_CONCAT() to get several assigned categories
in one datarow/column merged and after this being able to sort by this
concated column content.

I can't imagine that extbase is able to handle something like this as
many essential things seem to be missing (Take a look at
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/50439 for example).

Kind regads, Jan