[TYPO3-mvc] Sorting children (object storage) again

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Fri Aug 2 11:59:24 CEST 2013

Hi,

> How does it perform when you note the properties as @lazy?

Didn't test ist yet as the solution in my case was using the
SortViewHelper from fedext - thanks to the developers (!)

> One other possibility would be a viewHelper loading the relation, but thats
> not the way i recommend, too much logic in view....

Yes, don't want that, too...

> As far as have experienced it the default Orderings are respected, set it up
> via TCA, it should be handled when loading the relations.

Defining the $defaultOrdering in the repository does only affect the
findAll() methods. But this does not affect the order childs loaded
into an object (as object storage).

Also, any TCA definitions for the relation are ignored, but what do you
mean in detail?

- "foreign_sortby" must definitelty NOT be used for this!
- "foreign_default_sortby" is not respected by extbase
- adding the ORDER BY to the "foreign_table_where" doesn't have any
effect on how the childs are sorted (It just affects the backend)
- and sorting t
- "default_sortby" in the "ctrl" section of the childs TCA also only
affects the backend

Did i have forgotten any other possibility to affect sorting?

So it is a little bit poor that with extbase it is still (correct me
here!) not possible to order childs by individual criterias. If anybody
agrees with this, i've reopened an older issue:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/50439

Regards, Jan