[TYPO3-mvc] findBy[Property] ignores 'ö, ü, ä, etc'

Stanislaw Gutsch stasmymaillists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 09:35:29 CEST 2013

Hello Adrien,

after debugging for a bit I have to agree that your right. I do get symbols
like "*ã¼*" for "ü" as a result out of my database and then try to search
the database with those altered symbols again.
Which obviously leads to findBy not finding "umlauts" properly for me.

I do not know where the "conversion" happens though.

My controller does following:

$allEntires = $this->repository->findAll()->toArray();

then fills a array with:

foreach($allEntries as $entrie) {
    array[$i] = $entrie->getName();
}

The getName() method looks like this:
/**
 * Returns the name
 *
 * @return string $name
 */
public function getName() {
return $this->name;
}

at the end I use $repository->findByName(array);

Could my getName() method do some conversions? In the database itself
"umlauts" are stored properly though.