[TYPO3-mvc] findBy[Property] ignores 'ö, ü, ä, etc'

Stanislaw Gutsch stasmymaillists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 18:39:44 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

first off all I´d like to mention that I'am rather new to Extbase and Typo
3. While I'am getting used to it day by day I still sometimes run into
problems where I just can't think off an solution. One of these problems is
that I have "umlauts" in an $repository->findBy[property]($operand) and the
findBy simply ignores entries with "umlauts".

The "umlauts" are stored in a array like this:
$names = array ( 0 => München
                          1 => Lübek
                          2 => Bonn
                         );

The repository method call looks like this:
$repository->findByName($names);

Thx in advance!