[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase: Missing values

Peter Falk pf1 at isight.dk
Mon Apr 22 20:01:06 CEST 2013

Hi,
I have some problems fetching values from table fe_users.

In short the fe_users TCA has been extended via ext_tables.php in one
plugin and I want to use the field/value in another.

I have created my own model that extends
Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser, added getter/settet, mapped the
field in setup.txt and changed the object type to my own front end user
model where necessary. But the value (integer) isn't set.

I think I read somewhere, that using fields that are added in another
plugin is difficult, because Extbase doesn't read the whole TCA but only
the original (fe_users) and what might have been added in the actual
plugin. Is this correct and how does one overcome this obstacle?

Regards
Peter