[TYPO3-mvc] writing Hook for css_styled_content

Johannes C. Schulz - EnzephaloN IT-Solutions info at enzephalon.de
Thu Apr 11 13:47:15 CEST 2013

Hello MVC-friends

Today I tried to hook css_styled_content, cause I need a "!IMPORTANT" inside
the css generated by renderSpace-function. So I wrote an little extension,
but it dowsn't work:

ext_localconf.php:

<?php

if (!defined ('TYPO3_MODE'))

    die ('Access denied.');

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['css_styled_content']['pi1_hooks']['renderSpace'

] =
'EXT:enzcschook/Classes/Hook/HookHandler:Tx_Enzcsc_Hooks_HookHandler->render
Space';

?>

Classes/Hook/HookHandler.php:

<?php

class Tx_Enzcsc_Hook_HookHandler{

                * @param string $content Content input. Not used, ignore.

                * @param array $configuration TypoScript configuration

                * @return string The class name

                */

  function renderSpace($content, array $configuration) {

                               if (isset($configuration['space']) &&

in_array($configuration['space'], array('before', 'after'))) {

                                               $constant = (int)
$configuration['constant'];

                                               if ($configuration['space']
=== 'before') {

                                                               $value =
$constant +

$this->cObj->data['spaceBefore'];

                                                               $declaration
= 'margin-top: ' . $value .'px !IMPORTANT;';

                                               } else {

                                                               $value =
$constant +

$this->cObj->data['spaceAfter'];

                                                               $declaration
= 'margin-bottom: ' . $value .

'px !IMPORTANT;';

                                               }

[...more code.]

If I do a vardump($hookObj) in
sysext/csc_styled_content/Classes/CssStyledContentController.php, the
vardump-output is "NULL". So I guess, there is something wrong with my
ext_localconf.php.

Hope some of you can help me out!

Johannes