[TYPO3-mvc] BE module RTE usage

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Fri Sep 14 13:40:05 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am currently trying to learn extbase/fluid by extending the
"blog_example" extension. I am doing so on TYPO3 4.7.4, so I had to
apply some modifications (iconButtons section, localization a.s.o.).

After everything worked as expected I added a commenting option for
comments in the BE. Works ok.

Now I want to focus on the BE module and add a RTE to the "description"
field of the blog. I removed the StringLength validator from the field
(just to make sure) and modified TCA definition for the column
"description":

xxx

		'description' => array(

			'exclude' => 1,

			'label' => 'LLL:EXT:blog_example/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xml:tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog.description',

			'config' => array(

				'type' => 'text',

				'eval' => 'required',

				'rows' => 15,

				'cols' => 30,

				'wizards' => array(

					'_PADDING' => 1,

					'RTE' => array(

						'notNewRecords' => 1,

						'RTEonly' => 1,

						'type' => 'script',

						'title' => 'LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_ttc.php:bodytext.W.RTE',

						'icon' => 'wizard_rte2.gif',

						'script' => 'wizard_rte.php'

					)

				)

			),

		),

xxx

	'types' => array(

		'1' => array('showitem' => 'sys_language_uid, hidden, title, description;;;richtext:rte_transform[mode=ts], logo, posts, administrator')

	),

xxx

With this settings I am getting the RTE in the standard List module, but
not in the extension's own one. I could not find any "BE textarea w. RTE
view helper", so hopefully there is a better way to do it.

Can anybody help me on the right track?

TIA

Thomas