[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase-Fluid: BE modul modelling question about record translations

Gerhard Mehsel sparking at gmx.net
Thu Sep 13 13:43:38 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have a question about modelling an extbase/fluid application that
deals with persons. A person is an extended FE-user and can be either a
German or an English person.
One field is for example "salutation":
- for german persons: Herr, Frau, ...
- for english persons: Mr., Mrs., ...

In FE there is no problem, I think: I have salutation-records (value
objects) with german salutations and I provide translated salutation
records for english persons - like it is done in TYPO3 with pages and
content translations. Therefore a german person can see german
salutations and an english person can see english salutations in FE
selectbox only - I hope :-)

Now I have to provide a BE-modul where this persons can be edited by an
editor. The editor has set his own language in BE to German.
The editor should be able to choose the correct salutation for a person
from a selectbox: for an German person the german salutations and for
english persons the english salutations.

Is there a TYPO3/extbase/fluid mechanism that provide a kind of
"filtering" in a way, that the selectbox is only filled with correct
values (english OR german salutations), depending on the language of the
person? Or do I have to do it "by Hand"?

Thank you for help,
Gerd