[TYPO3-mvc] using htmlarea rte for fluid textarea field

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Wed Sep 12 21:00:55 CEST 2012

Hi Dominic,

maybe I get you wrong. Or maybe it is just easier as you think. Making a
field an RTE field is done as it was always. So add in TCA:

KEY "types" in yor TCA

'types' => array(
    '1' => array('showitem' => '...,
text;;;richtext[]:rte_transform[mode=ts_css], ...';

CONFIG PART OF YOUR FIELD IN TCA (KEY "columns"...)

'config' => array(
	'type' => 'text',
	'cols' => '30',
	'rows' => '5',
	'wizards' => array(
		'_PADDING' => 2,
		'RTE' => array(
			'notNewRecords' => 1,
			'RTEonly'       => 1,
			'type'          => 'script',
			'title'         => 'Full screen Rich Text Editing|Formatteret
redigering i hele vinduet',
			'icon'          => 'wizard_rte2.gif',
			'script'        => 'wizard_rte.php',
		),
	),
),

Then you have a RTE field in BE (This should be done similar in
Flexform, but with different syntax).
In fluid you then do very easily something like:

<f:format.html>{zeitschrift.text}</f:format.html>

to render the RTE content.

hope this helps...
christian(oe)