[TYPO3-mvc] repository update through commandController does not proceed

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Thu Sep 6 17:31:57 CEST 2012

> Which kind of tools do you guys choose for backend module or command development?

If you're really in a pinch and you're on a mac/linux:

Open your system console output and use PHP's syslog(LOG_*, $message), combine with Tx_Extbase_Utility_Debugger's var_dump (returning plaintext) if you have problems with recursion.

It's easier to use xdebug with CommandControllers called directly (you can set the php cli executable path and run it locally, that usually works for me) - once the CommandController works as it should and can run under the same user that runs the Scheduler cron, chances are very good it will "just" work in the Scheduler as well :)

Cheers,
Claus