[TYPO3-mvc] Find object properties, only using TypoScript

Albrecht Köhnlein albrecht.koehnlein at gmx.de
Sat Oct 27 17:25:39 CEST 2012

Am 26.10.12 08:52, schrieb Christian Müller:

> On 25/10/12 20:19, Albrecht Köhnlein wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I have created an extbase extension with multiple object models. One
>> of the models is called Article, another one is called Contact. Each
>> Article has a relation to one Contact, each Contact contains an email
>> address as string property.
>>
>> On another page, in another extension, I would like to fill a marker
>> with contents from my Article object and its related Contact object.
>>
>> # simplified typoscript:
>> plugin.tx_myotherextension {
>> anymarker = TEXT
>> anymarker {
>> #
>> # What to do here to get Article's headline
>> # or related Contact's email address?
>> #
>> }
>> }
>>
> There is no such thing atm. Your best bet is to either use something
> like CONTENT to fetch the entries or create a specialized plugin
> (controller+action) to output the raw string with the needed data. But
> if the other extension is yours too, why don't you get yourself the
> repository from the first extension injected and go from there instead
> of doing it in Typoscript?
>
> Christian

Thanks for your reply. That's what I was afraid of.

The other extension is not my own - and it even isn't an extbase extension.

But I like your idea with the CONTENT element. I think I will
create/prepare a TypoScript object in static TypoScript files of my
extension, which I can use with 1 or 2 lines wherever I need to.

Albrecht