[TYPO3-mvc] HiddenViewHelper not capable of rendering an array

Hendrik Nadler nadler at simplethings.de
Wed Oct 24 16:57:05 CEST 2012

Hey List,

in a project I had to extend the HiddenViewHelper because it is not capable of rendering a property as an array like

<f:form object="{superObject}">
<f:form.hidden property="myFancyArrayProp"  />

->

<input type="hidden" name=" tx_myext_pi1[myFancyArrayProp][]" value="foo" />
<input type="hidden" name=" tx_myext_pi1[myFancyArrayProp][]" value="bar" />

Not a daily use case, I know...

Of course I could just write the hidden fields in the template as "normal" HTML, but then the whole HMAC stuff would go wrong and that's not what I want. Do I miss something or this intended?

Regards,
Hendrik