[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase and setting a date property to null via forms

Falk Kühnel fk at cogitatio.de
Wed Oct 17 15:51:14 CEST 2012

Hi Henjo!

> can't you allow it to be NULL in your domain model?

Well, I dont know how. I can set null programatically, but not through a form.

> NULL is not a DateTime object so it won't validate...

I have set no validation annotation, and the setter has no typehint set either. So i am a bit lost, where the formprocessing is handled and where the empty string for a dateTime object is interpreted, so that the property is not set, when an empty string is sent.

Liebe Grüße
Falk Kühnel

--
cogitatio - Ihr kompetenter Medienpartner

Am Lappenweiher 3
53127 Bonn

fk at cogitatio.de
Tel: 0228 - 3693699