[TYPO3-mvc] Caching view parts

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Thu May 31 11:22:22 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I am running into performance issues with a search box that lists a result
of persons.
The result view list persons with a lot of relations (address object,
position object, related service groups (m:m object, by requirement) ).
All of these relationships are laze loading, but as soon as I kick an
object in the view, of course it is loaded.
Result is it is slow... very slow.
In tweaking things around I killed the showing of related service groups
and managed to get a performance boost for most, but strangely not all
persons. Whereas the page renders in 4000+ ms when service groups are
enabled, it renders in a little over 500ms when they aren't.

Since the customer wants those service groups shown in the search results
listing, I need to figure out a different way to tackle performance.

Is it possible to cache this part of the view (or the relations between the
objects in this state) ?
And if so, how could I do this?

Desperate for an acceptable performance solution!

System: TYPO3 v 4.5, Extbase/Fluid 1.3

Kind regards,

Henjo

Problems are small because we learned how to deal with them.
Problems are big because we need to learn how to deal with them.