[TYPO3-mvc] "Backport" DateTime converter fix to 4.6?

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Thu May 24 16:03:14 CEST 2012

Hi Marc Bastian,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Am 22.05.12 16:04, schrieb Marc Bastian Heinrichs:

> I targeted this for 1.3 yesterday.

Ah, great!

> And it's currently only fixed in master (6.0).

Oh, I thought this went into master before we branched of 4.7

> But in FLOW3 this was a breaking change, because you need to add a
> NotEmpty validator now, if it should not be empty.
> So we need to discuss how to handle this.

I'm not sure, but was there a way to gracefully handle the exception
thrown in the converter without adding some serious amount of
"workaround code"?

On the other hand, if an Object has a property that is required for it's
consitency and that property does not have the "NotEmpty" annotation
seems wrong to me.
Relying on some exception the framework throws in the mapping process
for object validation?

Of course this fix changes behaviour but I do not see how it breaks
existing code (enlight me if I'm missing something)

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel