[TYPO3-mvc] Tips on how to get inverted MM relations

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Mon May 21 22:28:44 CEST 2012

In my model I have a related records field. Record "A" for example can be
related to record "B" via an mm table.

This is fine. The related records are found when I view the detail page for
record "A". But the detail page for record "B" shows no related records. Is
there any easy way to get the detail page for record "B" to show record  "A"
as a related record - the relationship exists. It's just that it was made
from A->B. I want to invert the relationship and find records that relate to
B. I know how to do this in a piBase extension, but how can I do this in an
extBase extension?
How can I change the fields used by contains() so that it looks for the uid
in uid_foreign instead of uid_local? Has anyone done this?

Thanks for any help.

Stephen.