[TYPO3-mvc] "Backport" DateTime converter fix to 4.6?

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed May 16 17:15:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

I had problems with empty strings not being converted to DateTime
Objects but an exception being thrown *before* the validation could
check for this mandatory property.

I fixed this problem in the installation and then found this fix on
forge which excatly solves the problem like I did:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/33861

The question now is: Why is this change not targeted for extbase 1.3
(TYPO3 4.6))

Without it, the converter is virtually useless as the exception during
mapping cannot be catched properly.

Or am I missing something?

Kind regards,
Helmut