[TYPO3-mvc] Upload file for invalid object

Domi djgarms at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:33:43 CEST 2012

On 05/11/2012 11:31 PM, Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) wrote:
> Hi,
> i have an upload form for an image and want to upload that file even
> when the object is invalid and does not enter my saveAction. How do i do
> that?
>
> In this case i want to improve the usability and don't want to force the
> user to select the just chosen image from his pc again (and maybe again
> and again) but just save the image name in a hidden form field.
>
> of course some cleanup would later be nice for the images of objects
> that didn't make it ;)

Hi Simon,

I would simply add a client-based validation which should be the fastest
way to solve this issue. Would be good for the user interface side
anyway. Maybe have a look into the ajax validation from the extension
fed, which enables the validation based on your domain model annotations.

Regards,
Dominic