[TYPO3-mvc] Persisting of m:n (n:1) relations of objects in createActions

Frank Gerards F.Gerards at esolut.de
Tue May 8 12:59:29 CEST 2012

Hi,

I scaffolded 2 objects A and B with the extension builder 2.3.0 and
TYPO3 4.6.

Object B is bound m:n to object A, so object A has a ObjectStorage-type
property $objectsB.

In the "new object A" form I list all the objects B in the repository
and bind the f:form.select via "property=objekteB".

As options I use the objekteB-array I passed to the view.

When the form is submitted, all properties of the new object A are
persisted, BUT NOT the chosen relation to an Object B,

that I rendered in the select-box dropDown. The ..._mm table is empty.

My question: Is this a bug in the scaffolded code of extension builder
or do I have to manually attach() the chosen object B inside the
createAction of the object A controller and therefore have to pass
object B to the createAction as well ??

Thx 4 info !