[TYPO3-mvc] DateTime and how it works ?

Toke Herkild th at t3cms.dk
Mon May 7 15:15:02 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I've a model with a DateTime field:

/**
  * Date1
  *
  * @param DateTime
  */
protected $date1

setDate1($date1){

well you know the drill..

The thing is, If I create a new object, or update an existing, it all
works fine and gets saved to the DB. converted from string to integer
Timestamp.

Now when I fetch this object/model from the DB, the DateTime field is NULL.

I can live with that, if the field is absolutely NULL, but it isn't, if
I add this model to a view, and use a f:format.date on the field I get
the output I'd expect from the stored output in the DB. But I'd expect
to get False as the DateTime object of the Field/property is NULL.

Any brilliant explanations ?

Regards,
Toke Herkild