[TYPO3-mvc] A lot of failing unit tests for Extbase and Fluid

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Jun 27 11:28:05 CEST 2012

Helmut Hummel wrote:

Hi Helmut & Co,

> when working on the core unit tests I also executed the tests for
> Extbase and Fluid.

> Results for Fluid (after commenting out one test with a fatal error):
> FAILURES!
> Tests: 463, Assertions: 1214, Failures: 4, Incomplete: 13, Skipped: 1.

This one puzzled me cause I usually run all tests after backporting
fluid (and the tests are mostly the same as in the FLOW3 package).

The reason for the fatal error is a change to the extbase
ActionController introduced with https://review.typo3.org/#/c/4415/
(this change was needed apparently, cause TYPO3s pagerenderer does not
support USER_INT content objects).

I could fix the test by replacing

$response->setRequest($request);

with

if ($response instanceof Tx_Extbase_MVC_Web_Response) {
	$response->setRequest($request);
}

in Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_ActionController::processRequest()
Can someone of you confirm and create a patch if it makes sense to you?

In the long run we should fix the PageRenderer though and revert the
Request. Maybe someone could add a TODO comment to the respective if
statement in Tx_Extbase_MVC_Web_Response::addAdditionalHeaderData()?

The other two tests fail due to some weird encoding issue. The exact
same tests are green in the FLOW3 package.
The tx_phpunit Testrunner replaces the © by some garbage.

> I'd like to fix them but I need assistance from Extbase/ Fluid experts
> just to double check not to fix them in a wrong way :)

I fixed fluid, please review: https://review.typo3.org/#/c/12389/

It would be good if someone could take care of the Extbase issues, as
I'm not too much into the whole PageRenderer thingy.

Best

--
Bastian Waidelich
TYPO3 Core Team Member