[TYPO3-mvc] Caching view parts

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Jun 4 12:57:15 CEST 2012

Henjo Hoeksma wrote:

Hi Henjo,

> I am running into performance issues with a search box that lists a result
> of persons.

To avoid running into memory & performance issues when rendering search
results, you can also circumvent the default persistence layer by adding
a custom findBy*() method to your repository or some service class that
interacts with the database directly.
I've done this yesterday exemplarily for the blog_example by adding a
tag cloud that renders all tags of all posts scaled by popularity [1]

If you look into TagCloudService.php you can see that this service
directly interacts with the database.
Of course you loose some flexibility when working with arrays instead of
objects, but for a search result this should not be a big issue.

You can even use the eID mechanism of TYPO3 to fetch results even faster
for a realtime AJAX search.

HTH,

[1] https://review.typo3.org/#/c/2511/

--