[TYPO3-mvc] Ignoring recordType in for access of users/groups?

Robert Schneider r.schneider at artworx.at
Wed Jul 25 10:04:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've created an extension and tried to access the fe_groups (the same
goes with fe_users) table with the
Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUserGroup class. I didn't find any
records with findAll since there were not created with
Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUserGroup. The tx_extbase_type field in
fe_grous had 0 as values, they were created by the admin user in the
backend. I did not extend Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUserGroup.

Now, is there a way to ignore tx_extbase_type? Should I set
'config.tx_extbase.persistence.classes.Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUserGroup.mapping.recordType
 >'? But isn't this a bad approach?

In general, I don't get it with the single table inheritance if e.g. a
user can only belong to one type. How should this work if more than one
extension extends Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser? They could only
access or create users by their type. How should this work?

Regards,
Robert (a newbie)