[TYPO3-mvc] Versioning of Extbase Records in the frontend

Jonas Götze jonnsn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:44:43 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have an extension with that you can create records in the frontend,
like the blog-extension does it.
Is there any way to use the versioning (is it the correct name?) which
is used in the backend for these records? If I edit one of the records
in the Backend List module, I can browse the changes and undo them.
But if the records are changed in the frontend via
updateAction/createAction these changes are not visible anywhere. Is
there (or will there be) any way to get this working?

I searched a lot and I am not sure if it is properly supported yet by
extbase - lots of differing informations.
Though I might have overseen/missed something quite obviously...

One fast solution I found is the extension fe_changelog which works fine:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/fe_changelog
but if a solution with Extbase/TYPO3 core is possible or foreseeable I
would prefer that.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Kind regards,
Jonas