[TYPO3-mvc] Howto query the repository from another extension in your own extension

Thomas Meixner tom.meixner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 16:09:43 CEST 2012

Thx for the quick answer.

My little collection of storagePid configurations:

config.tx_extbase.persistence.storagePid = 32, 36, 26

plugin.tx_ainesnews.persistence.storagePid = 32, 36, 26
plugin.tx_news.persistence.storagePid = 32, 36, 26
//this probably doesn't even exist
config.tx_extbase.persistence.classes.Tx_News_Domain_Repository_NewsRepository.storagePid
= 32, 36, 26

I added now in page TS:
module.tx_ainesnews.
persistence.storagePid = 32, 36, 26
module.tx_news.
persistence.storagePid = 32, 36, 26

as well as adding the pages with records on it in the plugin as 'Record
Storage Page' s.

If I query the repository in my own extension I do get results which leads
me to believe I'm not using CLI mode or there is something wrong with the
storage pid in general.
It's only when I query the Repository which belongs to the other extension
that I get the empty query back.

Is there a way of better debugging the query? If I use

Tx_Extbase_Utility_Debugger::var_dump($this->newsRepository, 'newsRepository
news', 100);

I only the first level of the array. And xdebug in netbeans unfortunatly
doesn't hit the breakpoint in my controller.

Thanks,

Thomas