[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid performance patch backport to 4.5?!

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sun Feb 12 11:42:18 CET 2012

Hey there,

next to all the current discussion about making the full 4.7 extbase
work with 4.5 as well, I'd like to raise another point, that would be
fully in-line with the 'LTS and backports' strategy from [1]:

Next to cool new features in 4.6 and 4.7, there was one patch to
4.6-extbase that makes the 4.6 package important and can be a major
blocker for usage of 4.5. The fluid performance patch in 4.6 [2] is a
major performance boost for fluid.

Imho it is very worth backporting this single piece to 4.5: Performance
improvements are officially allowed backports for LTS. Sebastian
mentions a single not backwards-compatible change, I think we should
take a closer look to this and see if we can apply the whole performance
patch to 4.5 LTS.

I'll spend some time on this within the next days and hope to come up
with a realistic statement on whether or not this backport is do-able.

Regards
Christian

[1]
http://buzz.typo3.org/people/ernesto-baschny/article/typo3-45-lts-and-backports/