[TYPO3-mvc] Prerender pages and images?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Dec 13 14:58:43 CET 2012

Hi,

On 10-12-2012 9:33, Robert Schneider wrote:
> in my extension it is possible to import some products that come with
> images in the back end. After an import the cache gets cleared. Now, is
> it possible to prerender all pages with their images? Since it takes to
> long if the page gets called the first time and several images have to
> be resized (by ImageMagick).

You can use the extension pagepath to get a proper frontend URL (also
supports URL rewriters like RealURL, CoolURI, etc.).
After that you can use t3lib_div::getUrl() ( for 6.0:
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::getUrl() ) to fetch the image.
(I assume that you can predict the URL for the image inside your extension?)

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!